How PMBOK Guide 6 will change your life?
Published on Tue 3, 2020
The release of PMBOK Guide 6 become the talk of the town and delay in launch makes people more curious about it. Even I am waiting for the release of the PMBOK Guide 6th edition. Being associated with us, a training provider who also offers training on PMP, I always get a chance to contact people associated with PMI and PMP.
Post announcement of PMBOK V6, everybody was talking about it, I read many articles about PMBOK Guide 6 updates and its launch; even I posted some. While reading and researching, I realized that the launch of PMBOK Guide 6 will definitely make the PMP exam tougher and for any PMP aspirant, it will be difficult to clear the PMP certification exam first or even in the second attempt.
There are several small and big changes made in PMBOK Guide 6, some of them are as follows:
- The first 3 chapters are completely rewritten to highlight the importance of project management’s role in business value creation and any organizational change.
- All knowledge areas will focus on new topics like Key Concepts, Tailoring Considerations, Approaches in Agile, Trends and Emerging Practices, Adaptive and Iterative Environments and so on.
- The ‘Project Human Resource Management’ module has been renamed to ‘Project Resource Management’ so that it can cover human resources as well as physical methodologies.
- In the PMBOK V6, the role of the project manager has been expanded as a business expert, strategic thinker, and leader.
- Renamed ‘Project Time Management’ with ‘Project Schedule Management’.
- Three new processes have been included naming Manage Project Knowledge, Implement Risk Responses and Control Resources.
- Close Procurements have been removed from the book.
Among all these changes, the major change that will make the PMP exam more difficult is the addition of Agile in project management studies. The agile concept has been incorporated in all 10 knowledge areas.
Considering all the facts and myths roaming around, I will recommend PMP aspirants who are looking to get certified by 2017 or early 2018, this is the high time to get into the action. Get the train, start studying, utilize your project management expertise, and get your PMP certification before PMBOK V6 impact the examination.