How Valuable is PMI-ACP Certification Part 1?
Gone are the days when you would hear someone say that they want to continue using the waterfall model. With the increased diversity, challenges and risk, the rise in demand for an improved methodology was but inevitable. Project managers are rapidly shifting to Agile methodologies to manage their products. Emerged in the mid-1990s, Agile development processes came as an alternative to the flat plan is driven, waterfall model. The need for a more advanced methodology was felt because of two reasons:
- The plan-based waterfall model was effective in small projects with a lesser variable.
- With the growth of the IT industry getting the complete requirement was difficult in the beginning.
The new Agile methodology was based on:
- Iterative and incremental development, with the requirement and the solution developing with each iteration.
- Promotion of adaptive planning and evolutionary development.
- Promotion of rapid and flexible responses to requirements and changes.
The Project management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner is a professional certification offered by the Project Management Institute for Agile Practitioners. With requirements becoming complex by the days and the growth of the Agile community as an answer to it, PMI-ACP has been gaining popularity in recent years. In this article, we will discuss what has made PMI-ACP so valuable and what are the benefits that the certification can bring to you.
Let us turn our gaze to the mother of all changes: “DEMAND”.
- There is currently a shortage of professionals who have a proper understanding of Agile methodologies and who are proficient in implementing it in real-world scenarios.
- Along with this, several organizations have identified the qualities of Agile and have started investing heavily in it, driving the demand even further.
- Most of the companies use a blend of various Agile methodologies. PMI-ACP covers various Agile tools like Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc. it becomes the most favorable certification in this area.
- PMI-ACP eradicates the most popular and strong point against Certification that it provides bookish knowledge by making the demonstration of actual experience with Agile a must to take up the certification. This further strengthens PMI-ACP’s case thus increasing its demand.
Along with all of this, the brand name of PMI plays an important role. PMI is a global organization and is acknowledged throughout the globe. This adds weight to the PMI-ACP certification.
So, what other benefits do you get if you take up PMI-ACP?