PMI Agile certified Practitioner
PMI-ACP®, a globally recognized and respected certification in the field of Agile project management. The certification is offered by the Project Management Institute, which is recognized as the world’s leading professional association for the program, project and portfolio management.
Pre-requisites for PMI_ACP
The PMI-ACP® certification is not designed for Agile beginners. If you want to go for PMI-ACP, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
Though the work experience on an Agile project is must, you do not require to hold the job title of project manager.
- The certification exam has 120 multiple-choice questions and you have three hours to complete it.
- To maintain your PMI-ACP, you must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics every three years
Reasons to take the PMI-ACP
If at least one of the following three reasons is applicable to you, the PMI-ACP® may be the ultimate career choice you can make right now:
- Credibility: PMI-ACP® certification provides the confirmation of a neutral third party, adding credibility to the claims you make on a job application.
2.Expanded knowledge: Certification exam can do wonders for developing understanding and knowledge of how Agile is applied and practiced.