There are no prerequisites to attending the CP PMP training course. However, to appear for the PMP exam, you must have the following education and work experience.
To appear for the PMP certification exam, you should either:
- Hold a Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate degree, or global equivalent) along with 7500 hours of experience in leading a project and 35 hours of formal learning in project management.
- Hold a four-year degree with 4500 hours of directly leading projects and 35 hours of formal learning in project management.
PMI requires the 35 Contact hour certificate to approve your application, and the Certification Planner will provide the same once you complete the four days of classroom training.
PMP Certification process:
Step 1: Register yourself on the PMI.org website
Step 2: Become a PMI member by paying a $139 annual fee (optional)
Step 3: Submit your PMP application by providing education, work experience, and training course details
Step 4: Wait for approval. It may take 5-7 business days if the application is not selected for an audit
Step 5: Application approved; now pay the exam fee for PMI
Step 6: Select an exam center, date, and timing to book your exam
Step 7: Read the exam details below
The new PMP exam format is comprised of:
- 180 questions (175 = scored questions, 5 = Unscored (pretest) questions)
- The PMP exam is to be completed in 230 minutes.
- One additional break for a total of two 10-minute intervals for computer-based tests. No scheduled breaks for paper-based exams.
- Question types:
- Multiple choice
- Multiple responses
- Fill-in-the-blank questions
- Drag and drop
- Hot Spot (Graphic) questions
Examination cost: Member: US$405.00 Non-member: US$555.00